The team behind Eta Devices brings unique entrepreneurial and research experience from the semiconductor field.
- 15 years’ track record of bringing game-changing innovation to the mobile industry.
- Serial entrepreneur with five technology CEO positions including C3 Technologies (3D mapping), Nordnav (software GPS) and Ilevo (powerline communications).
- MBA (MIT Sloan) and M.Sc. (Stockholm School of Economics).
Prof. Joel L. Dawson
- Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering (MIT).
- Author of core patents relating to Eta Devices technology.
- Co-founder, Aspendos Communications.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering (Stanford) and SB and MEng degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MIT).
Prof. David J. Perreault
- Professor of Electrical Engineering (MIT).
- 20 years’ experience in power conversion and switched-mode power amplifiers.
- Author of more than 50 papers in refereed journals on power conversion and RF topics; holds 20 patents with numerous others pending.
- PhD and SM in Electrical Engineering (MIT) and BSc in Electrical Engineering (Boston University).
Dr. Mark Briffa
- 20 years in R&D of linearized radio transmitter products.
- Leader, power amplifier (PA) research at Huawei.
- Lead PA researcher at Ericsson.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering (Victoria University).
Dr. Gene Tkachenko
EVP Handset Development
- 20 years in wireless industry.
- Lead technology developer at Skyworks.
- Proven track record of product and technology development supporting billions of RF components shipped into flagship mobile devices.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering (Lehigh University), Greater Boston Executive Program (MIT).
Chairman of the Board
- Founder and Chairman of Analog Devices.
- Founder of Stata Venture Partners.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the MIT Corporation.
- BSc and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering (MIT).
Prof. Charles Sodini
- Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MIT).
- Fellow of the IEEE and former president of the IEEE Solid State Circuit Society.
- PhD and MSc degrees in Electrical Engineering (University of California, Berkeley), BSc in Electrical Engineering and a BA in Sociology (Purdue University).
- Veteran semiconductor executive. Served 25 years at Texas Instrument (TI) with roles including President Europe and SVP for TI’s 5 billion global chip business.
- Formerly CEO of Cambridge Silicon Radio.
- Board of ARM Holdings plc for 10 years until 2011.